Insight into the new security devices from Palo Alto Networks available through Westcon-Comstor
The new devices announced by Palo Alto Networks include purpose-built hardware and virtual next-generation firewall appliances. Available immediately from Westcon-Comstor, these devices allow customers to safely enable applications and redefine security performance for both threat prevention and SSL decryption. This is a key component of securing a customer’s cloud journey while at the same time prevent cyberattacks across network, endpoint and cloud environments.
Highlights of the new hardware and virtual firewalls include:
- New PA-5200 Series: This new series includes three devices: the PA-5260, PA-5250 and PA-5220. This new advanced architecture delivers 72 Gbps App-ID and 30 Gbps Threat Prevention performance, up to 32M sessions, 3.2M SSL-decrypt session capacity and 6.5 Gbps SSL-decrypt throughput on the PA-5260 model. Higher 10G port density and 40G and 100G interface supports diverse deployments. These models deliver security for high throughput environments within a compact form factor, making them ideal for data centre consolidation, increased gateway demands, and inspecting encrypted traffic.
- New PA-800 Series: The new PA-800 series includes two devices: the PA-850 and PA-820. This new architecture delivers 1.9 Gbps App-ID and 780 Mbps Threat Prevention performance on the PA-850. A high-performance management plane leverages multiple CPU cores and 8GB memory. The PA-850 features redundant power for additional hardware resiliency. These models are ideal for medium-sized networks, and branch and remote office environments.
- New PA-220 delivers full PAN-OS capabilities in a small desktop footprint with increased port density. The PA-220 features built-in resiliency via dual power adapters and complete high availability support for active/active and active/passive clusters. Passive and silent cooling eliminates noise and increases reliability. The small footprint makes these models ideal for small branch offices and remote locations.
- Three new VM-Series virtual firewall models: These new models deliver industry-leading cloud security performance options ranging from 200 Mbps up to an industry-leading 16 Gbps to deliver predictable performance in cloud deployments and address a variety of use cases, from virtualised branch office to data centre and service provider deployments.
- New VM-50 is optimised to consume minimal resources yet delivers 200 Mbps of App-ID performance for customer scenarios that range from virtual branch office/customer premise equipment (CPE) to high-density, multi-tenancy environments.
- Faster VM-100, VM-200, VM-300 and VM-1000-HV have been optimised to deliver 2-4 times their previous performance with 2 Gbps and 4 Gbps of App-ID performance for hybrid cloud, segmentation and internet gateway use cases.
- New VM-500 and VM-700 deliver an industry-leading 8 Gbps to 16 Gbps of App-ID performance, respectively, and can be deployed as NFV security components in fully virtualised data centre and service provider environments.
Complementing these firewall introductions is the release of Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform PAN-OS® operating system version 8.0, which includes threat and credential theft prevention, cloud security and management advancements.
To enquire on pricing or to place orders contact Denan Erasmus on +2711 848-9034 or email@example.com.